Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Training Blog is up and running!

As many of you already know I've been hard at work trying to revamp my website in the recent months. In that same time period I've also started working for myself full time, gone to Australia and Nashville, and contracted the nastiest cold of my entire life!

Needless to say, training has been a little sporadic, and this blog should help keep me motivated.

Without any further ado, here are some of my short term training goals:

- Keep improving my movement quality.

I've been working really hard to re-train my squat and deadlift motor patterns, and both are starting to feel quite good. The stiffness in my lumbar spine is coming around, while the stiffness in the hips is decreasing every so slightly. I need to have that healthy balance if I want to squat and move the way that I know I can. Loosening up the pecs/lats is the next big project so that I can back squat properly.

- Lean out

There's a high likelihood that I'll be working with Mike Roussell in the near future. Quite simply, I have enough on plate without worrying about my diet - so I'm going to bring Mike on to take care of that for me for a while. He's done some great things with Bill and I'm really looking forward to this.

- Get as healthy as possible

A pec strain a few months ago set my upper body training back a bit. As well, I'm working on getting those last few degrees of knee extension back so that the knees are moving symmetrically. This has been an ongoing process but overall I feel like I'm moving as well as I ever have in a lot of regards.

My goal is to update this blog a few times per week - it may be more, it may be less. Regardless, I hope you all can take something away from it.

Stay strong
MR