Thursday, March 27, 2008

Diet Updates 3/26 and 3/27

The diet goes on, and things are going pretty well.

So far, I've lost 7.5 pounds, but I'm assumming most of that is water weight. I lost 3#'s the first day, 3#'s the second, and another 1.5# today. I'll be interested to see how this continues moving forward, as I've really been kicking up my water intake to boot.

Overall, it hasn't been too hard to stick to. The only meal that's really tough is dinner as Jess gets to eat "real" food for dinner, while I eat a salad. I've also made an executive decision and decided that at least one time per week I'm going to go out to dinner with Jess. I'll stay as close to the diet as I can (no starches, desserts, etc), but I think it's important to have at least a small degree of normalcy within my life. We're used to doing that at least once per weekend, so I think that will help with regards to long term adherence.

One final note: The only meal I really didn't like was a salad I created on day 2. It included tuna, romaine, EVOO and cheddar cheese. I think it would've been fine had I used chicken, but the tuna was not good. I have come up with some pretty tasty salad creations, so stay tuned and I'll post those at a later date.

Back to the iron work tomorrow and Saturday - deadlifts tomorrow and upper body on Saturday.

Stay strong
MR