Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Training 5/12

I've continued to give the knee a few days off, and it's feeling close to 100% again. However, over the weekend I was starting to wonder if it was really a knee issue, or if I'd somehow compressed/irritated my politeal nerve. While I was getting some weird sensations in the lateral knee, I was also getting some coldness/tingling in the little toe on that leg. Anyway, I've done my best to stay out of deep knee flexion for a few days and it appears to be healing right up.

I hit the Krav Maga class last night, but this week is going to be somewhat sporadic. I have a massage with a new masseur today, so that's pretty much wiped today's training. The goal for the rest of the week looks like this:

Wed: Upper body
Thu: Lower body/Krav Maga
Fri: Anything I can find time for!

I forgot how crazy things get the week before a seminar. It's probably worse this time, too, because I'm not only presenting but hosting the thing! Regardless, I'm really looking forward to it. After I finish this one up, I hope it won't feel like I'm reinventing the wheel in the future.

Stay strong
MR

EDIT: Almost forgot to add this...I went on the Warp Speed diet a few weeks ago and dropped from 220 to 210 in two weeks. I'm going to run it again this week and next to see if I can get down to the low 200's. The only day I plan to stray up until then is Saturday night; after the seminar, I'm eating a damn steak! I'll keep you posted on the diet progress as well. - MR