Monday, April 28, 2008

Training week of 4/21

Monday 4/21

Feeling tired in the AM so I took it off. 1 hour Krav Maga class that night.

Wednesday 4/23

Upper body workout

Inside-Out Warm-up

BB Bench Press, 3x6@185

Wow, it's amazing how weak you get when you haven't bench pressed since August. On the bright side, though, it didn't feel too bad.

DB Rows, 3x6@90

Push-ups, 2x10

Face Pulls, 2x12

Ab Wheel Rollouts, 2x8
Tall Kneeling Lift, 2x10@25

I lowered my volume a bit and felt pretty good overall.

Thursday 4/24

1 hour Krav Maga bag class. This was absolutely brutal. My buddy thought it would be a good idea to tell the instructor he was pissed because he hadn't made him puke yet. This was the hardest hour of training I've endured in a long time. Constant movement for an hour straight will do that to you.

I have lactic acid.

Friday 4/25

Lower body day

Magnificent Mobility warm-up


Speed Pulls, 5x1@365

These felt pretty darn good. As the glute-hams keep coming around, they should get easier.

Good Mornings, 2x5@245

Felt strong - I need to go heavier, but I did these at the commercial gym so I was looking at my ugly mug in a mirror. Not used to that ;)

Bulgarian Split Squats, 2x8@30

Way too light, but this was the first time I'd done them in a while. I'll go up this week.

Ball Leg Curls, 2x12

Pallof Presses, 2x30 sec.

Saturday 4/26

Inside-Out Warm-up

Neutral Grip Chins, 2x6, 5

Still struggling with getting full scap depression as the set carries on. I may need to do more sets with fewer reps in the future.

BB Military, 8@105, 2x8@115

Better than last week. Energy was a little low, though.

Skullcrushers, 2x8@90

Bent Over Face Pulls, 2x8@25

In and out in about 30 minutes. Like I said my energy was a little low, so I just wanted to get a few lifts in and relax the rest of the day.

Stay strong
MR