Monday, April 14, 2008

Last week and Monday 4/14

Last week was kind of a wash; my energy was down and everything felt heavier than it should. I took that as a sign, and unloaded from the heavy iron last week.

On the bright side, I did get two sessions in at the Krav Maga facility, so I got four total sessions in last week. This week I'm shooting for five, even with the short week.

Here was today's training session:

Lower body day

M2 Warm-up

Intrinsic hip circuit

Front Squats, 195x2, 225x3

Just keeping these in the program to maintain mobility and good technique. Not bad, but felt heavy.

Back Squats to 18" box, 225x5, 275x3

Not too bad technique wise, but it's a long way down to below parallel. I haven't had this much weight on my back in a while, so it felt good. A LONG way from my heaviest weights, but I need this to regain my technique and mobility in this lift.

RDL's, 225x5, 275x5

Glute-Hams, 3x8 w/5#

Dead Bugs, 2x8

I also did some patellar taping today, but I need to crank way harder for the effect to set in on the heavier deep squatting.

Tomorrow I have an upper body day and Krav maga in the evening. I'll be back....

Stay strong
MR