Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Recent training

As always, behind is my middle name - here are some updates from last week and this week.

Tuesday 9/16

Energy was low today and I had a bunch of other stuff to get done, so I geared things back considerably. More than anything my goal was to get a light sweat, get the heart rate up a bit, and get done quickly.

Inside-Out warm-up

DB Incline, 2x6 w/60#

Fat Bar Chin-ups/Pull-ups, 8, 6

Face Pulls, 2x8 w/60#'s

DB Curls, 3x6 w/35#'s

Ab Wheel Rollouts, 3x10


Friday 9/12

Had two I-FAST trainees in there at this time, so it was nice to have some other people around. Pretty good session all around.

Magnificent Mobility warm-up

Speed Pulls, 5x1 w/365#

Concentric Only SSB Good Morning, 5x185, 195, 205

These are hard - that is all.

Glute-Hams, 3x6 (Hole #3)

Isometric Pallof Press, 2x30 s. with 50#'s

These were harder too - increasing the weight will do that.


Thursday

My goal was to get 225 in my hands today since I hadn't done that for a while - then I realized Eric Cressey just benched 315 for 3. I suck at life :(

Inside-Out warm-up

Bench Press, 5x205, 5x215, 4x225

I probably could've gotten a fifth but I:

A) Didn't have a hand-off
B) Didn't have a spotter
C) Didn't feel like paying me dentist for crown veneers if I missed the rep

I mean if Tony Gentilcore can bench 300 raw, I should be able to. I'm focused now - here I come Tony!!!

DB Rows, 8x70, 2x6x80

Face Pulls

Tricep Extensions

BB Curls

Split-Stance Cable Push


In other breaking news, I started back squatting again last week too. Needless to say, the DOMS in my quads from Tue-Fri was just flat out wrong. Overall, things felt pretty good - I squatted to a 15" box and while I'm weak as a kitten, the finer technical aspects seem all right. I'll continue to push things and see how they feel. I don't really have any pre-conceived notions of what my squat/bench should be at this point in time, I just know they suck and I'm going to work to get them back up to speed.

Time will tell....

MR