Thursday, July 3, 2008

This week's workouts

Tuesday

Lower body squat session

Foam rolling

Magnificent Mobility Drills

Hip pre-hab/activation circuit

Back Squats to 15" box, 5x225, 5x275

Working on getting things symmetrical and smooth here. Since I'm typing this two days later, I can tell I'm getting better quad activation on the left side, which is definitely a good thing.

RDL's, 5x245, 5x265

DB Reverse Lunges, 2x8 w/50's

Glute-Ham Raises, 2x8

Tall Kneeling Lift, 3x8

KB Swings, 2x15 w/24 kg. KB

Pretty good workout overall. I'm trying to develop a base and get my lifts smoothed out before I leave on vacation. I'm also finding I have a ton of soft-tissue stuff going on in my left plantar fascia/lower leg; some extra work on these areas has started to relieve that nerve injury I was dealing with. Perhaps it was a mild nerve entrapment? Who knows...

Wednesday

1 hour Krav maga class

Thursday

Upper body day

I/O Warm-up

Barbell Bench, 5x185, 195, and 205

Wow, I'm still really weak on this. I think getting a hand-off in a few weeks when the gym opens will make a big difference though. Pecs feel great, though, so it's time to start pushing a bit.

Inverted Rows w/feet on physioball, 3x10

Face Pulls, 8x80. 2x8 w/90

Skullcrushers, 2x10 w/70

DB Curls, 6x40, 8x35

Split Stance Cable Push, 3x10 w/50

Prone Low Trap Y, 2x12

Overall things are going well. Other than being weak and having poor work capacity, I'm in a good position to start moving forward. Like I said - develop a training base and some connective tissue strength now, and hopefully when I get back I can start to crank things up.

Stay tuned...

MR